WELCOME TO OUR EXCLUSIVE SITE FOR

CLUB KATNOOK MEMBERS

Please confirm that you are of legal drinking age in the country from which you're accessing this site.

By entering this site you agree to our terms and privacy policy

Cart 0 items: $0.00

Katnook Estate

Katnook Estate Sauvignon Blanc 2019

Katnook Estate Sauvignon Blanc 2019

In 1981, decades before Sauvignon Blanc soared in the popularity stakes, Katnook Estate was one of the first to produce this variety in Australia.

A palate of richly layered fruit and cirtus with subtle herbaceous notes the 2019 vintage is perfect to enjoy now or cellar for up to eight years.

In Stock
Add To Cart
$30.00
/ Bottle
SKU: 586506
Wine Specs
Vintage
Varietal
Sauvignon Blanc
Harvest Date
Early March 2019
Acid
7.3g/L
pH
Aging
Will age gracefully for up to eight years
Residual Sugar
2.8g/L
Alcohol %
Wine Profile
Tasting Notes
Richly layered fruit and citrus with subtle herbaceous notes, balanced by underlying minerality, providing structure and freshness.
Vineyard Notes
2019 started later than recent Coonawarra vintages with good rainfall in the lead up to harvest, followed by a warmer season than usual. Sauvignon Blanc grapes were picked optimal condition from two blocks, K4 and 2M1, on Katnook's Estate.
Winemaker Notes
20% of the wine was fermented and aged on lees for six months in a combination of new and seasonal French oak barrels to build complexity, texture and mouthfeel.
Food Pairing Notes
Fresh oysters with vinaigrette, a bucket of fried chicken or goats' cheese and zucchini quiche.

Product Reviews

Malcolm Lindner's Gravatar
Malcolm Lindner
(25/06/2020 at 8:18 AM)
I first encountered tthis wine in the mid 1980s when Katnook were pioneering this variety. Eevry other Sauvignon Blanc I have tasted is like lolly water. When I serve this wine to friends they all comment on its complexity and richness.

Add A Product Review
E-Mail me when someone reviews this product
Leave this field blank:

Share this: